Skills Required: patent prosecution, drafting, patentability, art, databases.
Pat ent Associates are unique individuals who combine a deep knowledge of a technical area with a good understanding of intellectual property laws. We are looking for confident team players with strong technical and analytical skills, who can effectively manage various tasks and responsibilities and prioritize workflow in order to meet strict deadlines.
The main responsibilities of a Patent Associate will include:
- Conducting patent & non-patent literature searches including prior art, freedom to operate, invalidation and other searches
- Providing insightful analysis of search results from various sources by preparing and delivering timely, value-added patent search reports based on in-house established patent search protocols
- Drafting Provisional and Complete Specifications for patent applications
- Attending to Examination reports and Office Actions by giving technical arguments (written & verbal) and attending hearings at the Indian Patent Office (in case of registered patent agents)
- Assisting in Patent Oppositions and providing technical support to the litigation team through research and analysis of recent cases etc.
Other responsibilities include:
- Attending IPR conferences in India and abroad, and effectively representing the firm
- Willingness to conduct seminars, workshops and orientation programs to elicit interest towards the firm and create IP awareness
- Contributing to writing articles on behalf of the firm in various journals & magazines
- Participating in and later conducting internal knowledge/resource sharing sessions held by the firm
- Willingness to contribute to the firmrsquos newsletter
- Assistance in tracking and meeting deadlines set by Senior Management
- Utilizing and updating data in the firmrsquos IP Management System
Pos itions at the Group Leader level are client facing and Group Leaders would be required to report to Senior Management. Individuals with lesser experience will report to the Group Leaders in their particular technical field.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Postgraduate/Docto rate in Pharma/Chemistry with good academic record
- In-depth knowledge of IPR or two years of experience in IPR
- Preference will be given to registered patent agents
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of IPR for the ldquoGroup Leaderrdquo position
- Proficiency in MS Office and required drawing packages
- Excellent command over the English language (written & verbal)
- Candidates (Indian & foreign) with excellent engineering domain knowledge and impeccable English language skills, with little/no patent knowledge, but with an interest in making a career in IPR are also welcome to apply as the firm would be willing to provide training to acquire the necessary skills