Skills Required: delivery, project management, customer relations, reporting, java.
We are currently seeking a positive, result driven, collaborative, highly motivated Project Manager based in our Bangalore R&D location. The Technical Project Manager is accountable for leading a multidisciplinary, globally located design team through the full product development process for one or more products from concept to market and/or the development of a process or activity having a business-wide impact. The successful candidate will be responsible for the final delivery of Project(s) through planning and execution of activities required to meet Project goals within the project budget, performance, and schedule constraints.
- Project & Design Team: Manages the relationship between the Project team and all cross-functional areas critical to the success of the Project as well as customer contacts, while maintaining an understanding of the value of the Project under development for representative customers. Coordinates, facilitates and drives the effort and design decisions of the project team as well as key stake holder contacts.
- Planning & Monitoring: Directs all planning and monitors the activities of the cross-functional team required to meet Project goals including completion of Project deliverables during all the stage-gate phases. Establishes Project plans, including projections of required resources (effort, duration, cost, personnel, facilities, and equipment).
- Budget, Schedule, & Product Cost: Owns the established performance, schedule, budget and product cost, while managing within the given and dynamic constraints. Must be comfortable planning Project schedules using agile techniques and MS project.
- Reporting: Provide periodic reports of Project status and progress to team. The Project Manager provides Project interface between engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and other key product development functions.
- Risk: Performs risk analysis and manages a risk register to anticipate potential issues, defines and implements related risk mitigation plans, and follows mitigation plans through to completion.
- Project Planning & Staffing: Works with functional managers and leads to establish projections of resources and skills necessary to execute the Project. The Technical Project Manager also works with the functional manager and leads to determine and manage the optimal work breakdown structure for the Project and phase of the Project. The Technical Project Manager provides input to functional managers on individual performance planning, including goal setting and performance feedback.
- Project Deliverables & Project Quality: Ensures the quality and integrity of products and Project deliverables. The Project Manager is expected to always be questioning/analyzing if any Project deliverables are missing, and if the scope and content of Project deliverables are optimized for the challenges in the Project.
- Process Continuous Improvement: Provides input and supports driving forward the continuous improvement of the policies, process, practices and templates associated with our stage-gate process.
- Must have a Bachelor s / Master s degree in a relevant Engineering field (Electrical, Systems, Mechatronics, Engineering Physics, etc)
- Must have PMP designation and/or Scrum master/Agile certification
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience as a Project manager in a new product development environment. In-depth understanding of Agile project management with a proven history of execution.
- Proficient in using JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio and Agile methodology including Microsoft office suite.
- Prefer some experience working in other functions involved in new product development; Service, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Manufacturing, Test Engineering, Product Marketing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Hands-on project management experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing and monitoring multiple SW and HW projects simultaneously.
- Must be a result- oriented individual and capable of influencing others in a collaborative and sometimes virtual environment.
- Must be a proven leader who can influence others with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization. Knowledge of European and North American safety compliance standards preferred. Global grid interconnection requirements an asset.
- Solid experience and business acumen with respect to managing project financials. Customer focused with good relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly motivated and an independent leader comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to management.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multi-cultural and global team, be a team player in a number of projects within a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with aspects of engineering design, product development (stage-gate process), market requirements and functional specifications