Swami Dayanand Education foundation Scholarship program for Delhi/NCR
Objective of the Scholarship
Aim is to inspire and transform the lives of brilliant and economically backward students. Educating youth has an impact not only on the individual, but the family, the community and the country as a whole.
The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class IX TO XII.
- Candidate should be studying in the Govt & Private schools recognized by CBSE Board
- Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakhs per annum.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination
- The Scholarship is open for Delhi/NCR region only.
A total of 500 scholarships are targeted to be distributed as Fresh scholarships for the year 2019-20.
30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of which is transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female students. *30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
Procedure of Selection
Fresh – As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an Income Certificate). In case of same income, merit shall be generated.
Applicants should be Indian nationals and studying in a recognized school /Board with a consistent attendance and good academic record. SDEF reserves the right to cancel/change/alter the rules for award of Scholarships.
The foundation is offering 500 scholarship in the following categories:
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Scholarships for Class 12 Students – Rs.10,000 per annum
- Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Scholarships for Class 11 Students – Rs.5,000 per annum
- Sh. Ram Lal Gupta Scholarships for Class 10 Students – Rs.3,000 per annum Smt. Sheela Gupta Scholarships for Class 9 Students – Rs.2,000 per annum