Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals
- The scheme is applicable to Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- The scheme is also applicable to Overseas Citizens of India working in permanent positions in public funded Institutions in India.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organization as on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by upto two more years depending on the performance.
The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
A Research grant of Rs.15.00 lakh per annum
An Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
A Maximum of 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.