Last modified: 11 Jun 2021 06:05:11 GMT
Young Professional Graduates from Library & Information Science as LIS Interns
No. of Interns requirement: 25
Time frame for LIS-Interns: One (1) Year from the date of engagement by each Intern.
The LIS-Interns would be deployed for 40 hours per week on-task activity.
The Library does not engage the same Intern more than once. The candidates, who have already completed their Internship programme at National Library, shall not be considered.
No. of working days: Five Day Week [All days of the week except - Saturday, Sundays and other public holidays followed at the National Library].
Intern Job Descriptions: Typical areas of responsibility for Interns includes:
- Entry in MARC 21 format Cataloguing of books/ serials / other materials,
- Classification / Circulation system/ Preservation of materials
- Acquisition System, DB Act System, Sorting section etc.
- Stack area /Books/ Newspaper receiving section etc.
- Organization of materials and data, including indexing and abstracting
- Reference services/ Reading Room/ E-resource centre/ bibliographic section
- Open Source Software in KOHA installation and entry
- Activities for specific groups (children and young adult reading and storytelling activities; outreach to researchers and scholars; information assistance to individuals with a disability)
- Other special sectional/divisional works as and when required.
- Attending / organizing NL regular seminar/ workshop/ exhibition etc.
- Would work in every section of the National Library including office administration/accounts for exposure.
- Visit to other Libraries/ MoC organizations
Age Limit: Below 35 years from the date of advertisement
Government of India, Ministry of Culture, National Library of India
Website/Notiifcation URL: Website Or Notification URL
16 Jun 2021