Join us as a Software Engineer
What you'll do
- In your new role, you ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- We ll look to you to design and engineer software focusing on the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- It s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career as you develop the discipline of software engineering across the business
As a Software Engineer for the bank, you ll design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting and exceeding the anticipated load, performance and availability volumes, including load balancing, performance testing and benchmarking.
You ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You ll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Producing high quality software which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
You ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers. You ll also have experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking or stubbing and unit testing tools. Ideally, you ll also have a background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems.
You ll also need:
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis, as well as experience of designing and implementing APIs
- Coding experience in multiple programming languages
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- Knowledge of relational, in-memory, distributed and NoSQL databases
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance
- Development experience of working with application server, on technologies such as Java, XML, MQ, Kafka, DB2 and MongoDB.
- Preferred experience of detailed design and development on business application monitoring tools like SYSTAR, ADI (Axway Decision Insight)
- Proficient in fundamentals of Maven Build, working experience with code repositories (pref. GIT), bug tracking tools (Jira), Build Tools
Apply for this job ,