Skills Required: data mining, supply chain, data science, model design, music making.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.,
We are looking for a strong Database Developer with good analytical skills who has the ability to work in an agile environment and work with cross-functional teams responsible for product design, integration and testing. You will be working closely with the data scientists to understand the business problems, solution methodology and implement the analytics algorithms.
As part of the Oracle Retail Science RD group, you will be working with data scientists, software developers and QA team to build data driven applications that solve retail business problems. Our team develops new ways to help retailers forecast sales, set prices, plan assortments and categories, and optimize their supply chain execution. Our customers are the major retailers in all market segments and geographies. Some of the products developed by this group are listed here: https://www.oracle.com/industries/retail/products.html .
The Data Science Developer is responsible for all aspects of back-end development including data model design, creating various SQL and PL/SQL packages/procedures to support application developers and date scientists, and performance tuning.
- Develop complex SQL and PL/SQL code to implement analytics algorithms and support the UI development
- Design and implement data model for scalable and performing solution with large data volumes
- Identify address application data issues that affect application integrity
- Ensure that the database design fulfills functional technical requirements, including design-for-performance
- Analyze and ensure efficient transition of all technical design documents
- Work effectively with Tech leads, Scientist and Data Science Developers to create and maintain the overall data architecture, priorities and success measures for the enterprise
- Review the deliverables throughout development to ensure quality traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans standards
- Strong software development experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Data warehouse modeling and ETL design, and ETL tools
- Strong knowledge and hands on experiences in PL/SQL programming, including creating packages/functions/stored procedures/views/triggers
- Strong knowledge and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Knowledge in Unix/Shell scripting
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating system
- Experience with creating a scalable and performing solution with large data volumes in the Oracle DB or in any java application server
- Good analytical skills and understanding of basics concepts in data science
- Experience working on analytic/data science projects like optimization and data mining is a plus
- Experience with ODI and OBIEE
- Experience using Oracle Data Visualizer
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Eager to learn and work in an agile environment
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work with cross-functional teams responsible for product design, integration and testing
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience in related field.
- 5+ years in a developing, modeling, and deploying enterprise solutions, Retail/SCM experience preferred