This post has expired! It was posted more than 100 days ago.
Employer/Recruiter is no longer accepting applications.
Last modified: 14 Jul 2021 05:32:49 GMT
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) inviting applications for the recruitment of following post:
Project Scientist -II
(Computer Appli support sc.)
No. of posts: 01
Pay Scale: Rs.67,000/- + HRA
Age Limit in years: 40 years
Essential: Master in computer applications (MCA)/ B.E./ B. Tech (computer Science)/IT from a recognized University or
equivalent with atleast 60% marks.
- 3 year in field of IT/Computer/Science and similar field
- Adequate knowledge of webpage designing, data uploading, porting software etc.
- Working knowledge in Atmospheric, Oceanic and coupled general circulation models and issue related to porting, installation and troubleshooting of dynamical models in HPC.
- Experience in using programming languages (like FORTRAN- 90, C/C++ etc); Shell scripting is needed. Ability to write and prepare model code using programme language and shell scripts.
- Knowledge of parallel computing and porting general circulation models on the high performance computer architectures.
- Handling of large volume of data and conversant with data format like NetCDF, HDF, GRIB, GrADS etc.
- Ability to work in large groups.
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX System Administration would be an added advantage
- Expertise in AI/ML techniques relevant to weather and climate sciences
Knowledge of parallel computing and porting general circulation models on the high performance computer architectures.
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is an autonomous research organization fully funded by Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi. Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL METEOROLOGY (IITM), Dr. HomiBhabha Road, Pashan, Pune-411008
Website/Notiifcation URL: Website Or Notification URL
Application End date. 01 Aug 2021