Government of Karnataka – Department of Education
Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship
Samagra Shikshana Karnataka (SSK) is a integrated scheme of school education, is a platform for improving digital, inclusive, vocational and girl’s education in the Karnataka state. It addresses the issues of equity and quality of teaching?learning in more than 50,000 government schools in the State from pre?primary to pre?university levels.
Government of Karnataka – Department of Education is inviting candidates for Two year Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship
– 10?day orientation on Education perspectives and policy along with 1 week of immersion in the field to understand the grassroots realities of Public education in Karnataka.
– Get an opportunity to work closely in supporting the design, implement and monitoring of policies in the field of school education.
– Working very closely within the various departments and explore opportunities of synergy among them.
– Get mentored by experienced members from the Department of Education
Responsibilities of the fellows
– Research support for policy discussions, committee meetings and conferences in relation to primary & Secondary Education.
– Creation of policy briefs, reports and project proposals for the department.
– Analysis of proposals from NGOs/private organisations.
– Development of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders of the government.
– Prepare and publish reports on the policies and programs implemented.
– Perform any other administrative or other financial duties required by the vertical assigned.
– Perform any special work or duty which may be entrusted by the Authority.
– Undertake travel to the field for program implementation and monitoring as required.
– Young and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds are welcome. Individuals are eligible to apply:
3 to 10 years of rich work experience. Candidates with an excellent academic and professional
track record are encouraged to apply
Self?initiated and ability to work independently and as part of the team.
A regular post?graduate degree (e.g. M.B.A, M.Sc., M. A, PGDM/PGP) or a professional degree
(e.g. B. Tech, B.E, LLB, CA) or any other degree in Social sciences or public policy
Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
Strong verbal, written and presentation skill
Proficiency in English and Kannada is a must
Maximum age for applying is 35 years
Project Management skills
Working knowledge of policy issues in the Indian Education sector
Experience in data collection and synthesis of multiple data sources
Data analytics and working knowledge of Statistical Packages
Experience in implementing & monitoring Government Schemes/Programs
Duration of engagement ? 2 years with periodic performance reviews.
Primary Location ? Bengaluru, Karnataka with travel across the state if required.
Stipend (Per Month) – Rs. 70,000 per month including taxes for the period of the fellowship with a ten per cent increase annually if found satisfactory.
How to Apply for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship:Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how the Samagra Shikshana Fellowship, aligns to their long term profession at aspirations and resume) Email with Subject Line: Application for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship to [email protected]
Last date for applyingThe Last date for applying for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship 2019-20 is 18th March 2019
The Detailed Notification is available at School Education, Website Click here to access it