Due to the lock-down till 15-04-2020, the process for RTE has been postponed a new time table will be announced on 20-04-2020 (Please check the Notification of postponement: http://schooleducation.kar.nic.in/pdffiles/CoronaCircular26032020.pdf )
About Right to Education Act (RTE) 2020-21 Karnataka
Right to Education Act (RTE) is an Act of Parliament of India enacted on 24th August 2009, Under RTE State Government of Karnataka reserves some percentage of seats in Government as well as private schools, Right to education has been recognized as a basic human right in number of International conventions. The RTE act describes the modalities of the importance of free and compulsory education for children between the age group of 6 years and 14 years in India under Article 21a of the Indian Constitution.
Applications forms to apply online for admission for LKG Or 1st Std./Grade-I under RTE, those who are searching for online application forms and procedure to apply for RTE Karnataka 2020-21 can get it here.
Who can Apply under Right to Education Act (RTE)
- Permanent residents of State of Karnataka
- Students whose Age between 3 years 10 months to 4 years 10 months can apply for Admissions in UKG
- Students whose age between 5 years 10 months to 6 years 10 months can apply for Standard 1/ Grade-I admission.
Online Application Process starts from 26.03.2020
Dates, as per the last year 2020-201 rte admissions will be updated shortly
RTE Admissions Notification Date: 2nd March 2020, online demo from .07.03.2020
Govt. Schools / Govt. Aided Schools Application Submission Start Date: 26.03.2020
RTE Applying online closing date: 26th March 2020 to 24.04.2020 (Online application trial is from 23.03.2020 to 24.03.2020)
Last date for EWS/SC/ST Application form Submission: 15.04.2020
Admission process starts in school from 05.05.2020 to 11.05.2020
First Computerized Lottery Draw: 04.05.2020
Enrollment in Schools: 05.05.2020 to 11.05.2020
Schools to upload the details of the first round of the children from: 05.05.2020 to 11.05.2020
Online draw of seats allotment: 05.05.2020
Second Computerized Lottery Draw: 22.05.2020
Second Round Seat allotment in Schools: 22.05.2020 to 30.05.2020
Eligibility Criteria for RTE 2020-21 admission
- Student should be permanent residents of Karnataka state.
- For Admission to LKG Age (Date of birth) range Required from: 01-08-2015 to 01-08-2016 (Age should be between 3 years 10 months to 4 years 10 months)
- For Admission to Ist Std./ Grade-I children Date of birth should be between: 01-08-2013 to 01-08-2014 (5 years 10 months to 6 years 10 months)
- Family income should not exceed more 3.5 lakhs from all the sources are eligible for RTE (Check Sample Income Certificate).
- Children who belongs to weaker section and backward community of society.
- Priority is given to Children who belongs to disadvantaged group of society like Orphans, HIV affected/Infected Child, Transgender, Child with special needs, Migrant and street child, Farmers Child who committed suicide.
- Government Employees can also apply for RTE admission
Documents Required for RTE Karnataka 2020-21 Admission
- Father Or Mother Aadhaar Card
- Applicant Aadhaar Card (If Aadhaar card not available then Aadhaar card applied application no.)
- Birth Certificate (For Age Eligibility Click here to check age Eligibility)
- Income and Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Parents i.e Either Father’s or Mother’s Aadhaar Card
- Govt. Approved Address Proof. Such as Aadhaar chard/Driving License/ Ration Card/ Bank passbook/ Passport/ Voter ID etc.
Procedure for applying for RTE 2020-21 Admission
To apply for RTE admission please follow these following steps
STEP 1: Interested Applicants should visit the official website (Click Here: http://www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in/pryedn/rteadmissions.html)
STEP 2: One time Registration to get your application number registered on the system. The application number and password will be communicated on your registered mobile.
STEP 3: After Getting your application number log in your account Enter child details, parent details.
STEP 4: Locate the address accurately to list schools within 1 KM and within 1-3 KM range from your house.
STEP 5: After selecting the schools select the required standard.
STEP 6: Upload the required documents and Confirm the application.
STEP 7: After final submission, take the printed application along with the required documents for your future reference.
If any incorrect information is provided in the RTE application, a message will be sent to the Register Mobile Number for rectification of the same, the incorrect information should be corrected by the due date.
Check Area Wise Schools
For Area Wise School Please Click Here
Instructions: Click Here
Where to Apply for RTE 2020-21
- Apply online at Education Department Website
- Education Department deputy director Office
- Bengaluru One
- The One
- Education Office
- Atalji Cozy Center
Apply for RTE 2020-21
The date of Opening of RTE 2020 is 26th March 2020 – 20th April 2020
Official Website is now open for Testing
Applicants can start submitting applications from 26.03.2020
Last date of application closure of RTE 2020: 20th April
This year the last date for submission of online application is notified in the notification dated 03.03.2020, last year online application submission last date was 25th April 2019.
Check RTE Admission eligibility
How to Check the Eligibility for RTE 2020
- These are the Steps to Check for RTE Eligibility 2020
- Please visit: https://www.freshershome.com/rte-age-eligibility.php
- Chose the Date of birth of your child
- Select your total family annual income.
- Select your Caste group/Category.
- Click on Check Eligibility button, the page will display whether you are eligible for RTE admission or not.
RTE Notification 2020-21
Notification published on 02.03.2020 by the department of public Instructions, Govt. of Karnataka. To get a fair idea about the procedure and process please Check the Last years notification:
RTE Help Line Number and Official Website
The RTE Help line numbers are: 1800-425-34567
New Public Office Near-RBI, Nrupathunga Rd, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru-560001
Official RTE Website: http://schooleducation.kar.nic.in/pryedn/rteadmissions.html