Government of Karnataka has released a Circular and Time Table regarding RTE Admissions for the year 2020-21 (Notification available here )
The Trial Process will be from 8th Jun 2020 and 9th Jun 2020, and RTE 2020-21 Admission process will start from 10th Jun 2020
About Right to Education Act (RTE) 2020-21 Karnataka
Right to Education Act (RTE) is an Act of Parliament of India enacted on 24th August 2009, Under RTE State Government of Karnataka reserves some percentage of seats in Government as well as private schools, Right to education has been recognized as a basic human right in number of International conventions. The RTE act describes the modalities of the importance of free and compulsory education for children between the age group of 6 years and 14 years in India under Article 21a of the Indian Constitution.
Applications forms to apply online for admission for LKG Or 1st Std./Grade-I under RTE, those who are searching for online application forms and procedure to apply for RTE Karnataka 2020-21 can get it here.
Who can Apply under Right to Education Act (RTE)
- Permanent residents of State of Karnataka
- Students whose Age between 3 years 10 months to 4 years 10 months can apply for Admissions in UKG
- Students whose age between 5 years 10 months to 6 years 10 months can apply for Standard 1/ Grade-I admission.
Online Application Process will start from 08.06.2020
RTE Admissions Notification Date: The Trial Process will be from 8th Jun 2020 and 9th Jun 2020, and RTE 2020-21 Admission process will start from 10th Jun 2020
Govt. Schools / Govt. Aided Schools Application Submission Start Date: 10.06.2020 to 24.06.2020
E.I.D Applications submitted from 11.06.2020 to 29.06.2020
Review of Application: 11.06.2020 to 29.06.2020
RTE Applying online closing date: 26th March 2020 to 24.04.2020 (Online application trial is from 23.03.2020 to 24.03.2020)
Last date for EWS/SC/ST Application form Submission: 15.04.2020
Admission process starts in school from 10.06.2020 to 24.06.2020
First Computerized Lottery Draw: 03.07.2020
Online Enrollment in Schools (first): 13.07.2020
School Admission Start 14.07.2020 to 21.07.2020
First round of Enrollment in Schools, details upload in software: 14.07.2020 to 21.07.2020
Second round of Enrollment in Schools, details upload in software: 28.07.2020
Second round of children enrollment in Schools: 29.07.2020 to 05.08.2020
School enrollment 2nd round, uploading of details in software: 29.07.2020 to 05.08.2020
Eligibility Criteria for RTE 2020-21 admission
- Student should be permanent residents of Karnataka state.
- For Admission to LKG Age (Date of birth) range Required from: 01-08-2015 to 01-08-2016 (Age should be between 3 years 10 months to 4 years 10 months)
- For Admission to Ist Std./ Grade-I children Date of birth should be between: 01-08-2013 to 01-08-2014 (5 years 10 months to 6 years 10 months)
- Family income should not exceed more 3.5 lakhs from all the sources are eligible for RTE (Check Sample Income Certificate).
- Children who belongs to weaker section and backward community of society.
- Priority is given to Children who belongs to disadvantaged group of society like Orphans, HIV affected/Infected Child, Transgender, Child with special needs, Migrant and street child, Farmers Child who committed suicide.
- Government Employees can also apply for RTE admission
Documents Required for RTE Karnataka 2020-21 Admission
- Applicant Aadhaar Card (If Aadhaar card not available then Aadhaar card applied application no. i.e Enrollment number)
- Birth Certificate (For Age Eligibility Click here to check age Eligibility)
- Income and Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Parents i.e Either Father’s or Mother’s Aadhaar Card
- Government Approved Address Proof. Such as Aadhaar chard/Driving License/ Ration Card/ Bank passbook/ Passport/ Voter ID etc.
Procedure for applying for RTE 2020-21 Admission
To apply for RTE admission please follow these following steps
STEP 1: Interested Applicants should visit the official website (Click Here: http://www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in/pryedn/rteadmissions.html)
STEP 2: One time Registration to get your application number registered on the system. The application number and password will be communicated on your registered mobile.
STEP 3: After Getting your application number log in your account Enter child details and parent details.
STEP 4: Locate the address accurately to list schools within 1 KM and within 1-3 KM range from your house.
STEP 5: When the School is selected now select the required standard.
STEP 6: Upload the required documents and Confirm the application.
STEP 7: When final submission completed successfully, take the printed application along with the required documents for your future reference.
If any incorrect information is provided in the RTE application, a message will be sent to the Register Mobile Number for rectification of the same, the incorrect information should be corrected by the due date.
Check Area Wise Schools
For Area Wise School Please Click Here (Opens in New Tab/Window)
Instructions: Click Here
Where to Apply for RTE 2020-21
- Apply online at Education Department Website (Opens in New Tab/Window)
- Education Department deputy director Office
- Bengaluru One
- The One
- Education Office
- Atalji Cozy Center
Apply for RTE 2020-21
The date of Opening of RTE 2020 is 26th March 2020 – 20th April 2020 Due to Lockdown, the Start date is postponed, the new time table will be notified on 20.04.2020 Applicants can start submitting applications from 26.03.2020
Last date: Due to Lockdown, the Start and End date is postponed.
This year the last date for submission of online application is notified in the notification dated 03.03.2020, last year online application submission last date was 25th April 2019.
Check RTE Admission eligibility
How to Check the Eligibility for RTE 2020
- These are the Steps to Check for RTE Eligibility 2020
- Please visit: https://www.freshershome.com/rte-age-eligibility.php
- Chose the Date of birth of your child
- Select your total family annual income.
- Select your Caste group/Category.
- Click on Check Eligibility button, the page will display whether you are eligible for RTE admission or not.
RTE Notification 2020-21
Notification published on 02.03.2020 by the department of public Instructions, Govt. of Karnataka. To get a fair idea about the procedure and process please Check the Last years notification:
RTE Help Line Number and Official Website
The RTE Help line numbers are: 1800-425-34567
New Public Office Near-RBI, Nrupathunga Rd, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru-560001
Official RTE Website: http://schooleducation.kar.nic.in/pryedn/rteadmissions.html