About Vidyasiri Scholarship
Government of Karnataka through Vidyasiri Scholarship Scheme for Minority students of State Of Karnataka, provides Food and Accommodation
Vidyasiri Scholarship Eligibility
- a) Should be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Karnataka.
b) His/her caste Should be included in the list of other Backward Classes as notified by the Government of India or State Government.
c) Students pursuing post-matric courses in government / local Institutions / Aided Institutions / non-aided recognized private institutions, affiliated to the statutory universities of Karnataka.
- For students of backward classes who have not got admission in any departmental / government funded student hostel and studying in post-matric courses will be sanctioned in the Vidyasiri Food and Accommodation Scholarship Scheme are eligible.
- For students selected under the scheme, a monthly stipend of Rs. 1500/- per month for a period of 10 months total of Rs.15000/- per annum during the academic period, subjected to other provisions, will be credited students a bank account opened in a bank with core banking system through online.
(i) Entry to Students Hostel,
(ii) Boarding and loading assistance plan and
(iii) Post metric Scholarships Eligible for any one of these facility.
- Those who are eligible for availing this facility should submit application through online.
- a) The Gross Annual Income of the student, father / mother / guardian family should be within the limits set forth below.
(i) Rs.2.50 lakh for students of Category-I
(ii) Rs. 1.00 lakhs for students of Category-2A, 3A and 3B
b) Students must be in rural areas and at least 5 km for away from the college where they are studying.However, if the student’s residence place is in the city / town but attending colleges in a different city / town, he / she is eligible for this facility.
c) New and Renewal students must pass with the minimum marks mentioned below in the previous year’s annual examination in order to avail the facility.
- Category-1: Fresh: 40%, Renewal: 50%
- Category-2A, 3A and 3B: Fresh: 50%, Renewal: 60%
In case of failure to attend the examination due to medical reasons, such student should be submit medical certificate certified by Medical Board
- a) Student who attend the equivalent courses more than once are not eligible.( ex. Admission to B.Com after B.A.MA (English) after MA (Kannada),LLB, after B.Ed.etc).
b) Students attending postgraduate medical courses but practicing medicine during the course are not eligible for this facility.
c) Students who passed in Arts, Science, and Commerce courses, Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and attending approved Professional or Technical Certificate, Diploma, Degree Courses and if they are otherwise eligible, they are entitled to the benefits of the scheme. Those who have changed courses more than once are not eligible.
e) Only two male members of the same family are eligible for the scheme. However, this restriction does not apply to girls.
- Class attendance of each MAH student must be at least 75%.
Method of allocation of Grant
a) The grants available in the respective academic year will be reallocated category wise as per the following reservation.
Percentage of the amount to be allocated category wise
- Category-1: 15%
- Category-2A: 53%
- Category-3A: 14%
- Category-3B: 18%
b) Subject to the limit of grants available for the financial year, it must be sanctioned in accordance with the Merit (qualification) cum Means.
Copy of Income Certificate and Caste Certificate.
A Aadhaar card/ Photo Copy.
A Voter Identity card.
A Ration card/ Photo Copy
A Copy of SSLC Marks card.
A Copy of Bank Pass book linked with UIDAI
- Applications are invited from eligible students in SSP (State Scholarship Portal -Manual available online check here) software through online.
- Students have to submit online Application along with prescribed documents and bank account number and IFSC code, caste and income certificate, previous class marks card etc through online and submit the hard copy to concerned colleges.
- College Principals and Inspection Officers will review the application and documents at the relevant level and Confirm Online and the said documents should be submitted to the concerned taluk backward classes welfare officers.
- Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officer will Check Verify and Confirm Online.
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer will Check above said information.
- Attendance of student selected under this plan must be at least 75%, Information about this should be obtained from the college principal and same should be uploaded by Taluk Backward Classes welfare Officers through online.
- In accordance with respective year budget depending upon eligibility and marks of the students approval should be given at taluk level to qualified students under Vidyasiri meal and Hostel facility.
- Payment of the sanctioned amount to the concerned students directly to the bank account through Treasury-2 software.
Note: Students must link their Aadhaar number to their bank account (Compulsorily).
Vidyasiri Portal/ Website link