Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU MEMORIAL FUND
TEEN MURTI HOUSE, NEW DELHI - 110011
Scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
- Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
- Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Not be above 35 years of age,
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
up to 2 years.
Price & rewards
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee - Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. - Rs.15,000 per annum
How to Apply
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May
Documents to be enclosed:
1) A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
2) A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
3) Doctoral Monitoring Committee's report or Supervisor's report/recommendations.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
5) Ph.D registration certificate
For Details and to apply Click here
Candidates can download the application forms from here